When thinking about my goals for this year I looked back at the ones I’d set for 2018. It’s crazy how much they’ve changed, for starters, running a marathon wasn’t even on my mind this time last year. Even though I’m nowhere near where I want to be, my running has improved so much and I’m grateful to even be able to set the goals that I have. For example, one of my main goals for 2018 was to run a sub 2 hour half marathon, now I’m trying to take 20 minutes off that. I think I hit all but 3 of my 2018 goals, mainly because my circumstances changed throughout the year. Hitting a squat or bench goal just isn’t my priority right now and I’m only really training to maintain as much muscle as I can.
No doubt these will change as the year goes on but here are my current goals for 2019:
– 3:34 marathon
– 1:39 half marathon
– 39 min 10k
– Help others to start running
– Podium a race
– Read 5 books
– Get to 100 subscribers on my blog and consistently post AT LEAST once a week
– 5000 followers on Instagram
– Book a trip to America
– Take the gym more seriously, going 3 times a week
– Be comfortable enough topless
– Take more care of my body, via diet and recovery (foam rolling etc)
What goals have you set for 2019? Let me know by commenting below or getting in touch on Instagram.
Thanks for reading, good luck smashing 2019.